The organizers of the Vilnius Light Festival are announcing an open call for creators and organizations to submit applications for the fifth festival, which will take place on January 25–29, 2023, celebrating the 700th anniversary of Vilnius.
“What can you wish for a young city celebrating its 700th anniversary? – To be sustainable, open to innovation, open-minded toward all of its residents and guests, to never stop writing its own lively story, ” – say the organizers of the festival.
Is technology and art compatible with the rhythm of the city? Perhaps architecture can take on new forms that can bring forgotten stories back to life? Do public spaces of a modern city of the future need courage and creative and original solutions?
“We entrust artists, creative personalities and organizations to find answers to these questions. To those who wish Vilnius to be young and progressive. Let light help you find what our beloved city needs. Let light show us all what Vilnius can be like in the future”, – says Paulius Jurgutis, the director of the Vilnius Culture Center, the organizer of the Vilnius Light Festival.
The main evaluation criteria for applications are:
– the ideological basis of the project (the project has a historical, socio-cultural context, a meaningful connection to the chosen place/location or a clear narrative);
– originality / innovation / visual appeal of the project (the idea of the project is not often seen, visually aesthetic materials are used, there is a clear presentation of the idea);
– technical project solutions (the chosen solutions can be effectively applied in the chosen place/location, the implementation of which results in the highest quality result);
– validity of the estimate (project costs are presented comprehensively and in detail);
– the scale of the project at the selected place/location;
– suitability of the project for harsh/varying weather conditions;
– exhibition opportunities of the project after the festival;
– original musical soundtrack;
– the project can be implemented in the central part of the city.
The call is valid until June 1, 2022.
To participate in the selection, a form must be completed https://bit.ly/vsf_atranka.
If there are any questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com